Thursday, December 13, 2007

Tiny art on bamboo

Hello!
Here are 2 tiny pictures that I painted on bamboo pieces. Each piece is 1.5" x 0.75". I painted directly onto the bamboo without pencil sketches. That was different for me, and fun!
I love the way they turned out! I will probably make them into pendants, after I protect the surface with some clear acrylic coating.
Here are the bamboo pieces before they are painted. They need to be lightly sanded or primed before applying the acrylic paints.

1 comment:

  1. May , I just found your blog! I am so glad to see you are still doing art. I really like these. It was fun to see other things you do and to see your Mother is doing Pressed Flower art too! I got my MOM started pressing too. I gave her a membership to the guild. I just started blogging and have enjoyed,nothing as impressive as yours though!
    Happy Creating my friend , terica

    ReplyDelete